Alcohol and Young people
Young men and women
What is valid for grown-ups is also valid for young men and women (aged 18-24). If you drink wisely -given that you are over 18 and do not face some health problem- there is no risk from alcohol consumption. However, there is no scientific evidence on whether and to what extent the reasonable alcohol consumption could be beneficial for your specific age group.
It is very important to keep in mind that you should not drink at all when:
- You are driving
- You have a health problem
- You are under medicated treatment
- You are under 18 years old
The truth is that most young men and women have nowadays alcohol awareness and drink wisely. Of course, some of them tend to overdo it. We would like to remind them the risks lurking from abusive or excessive alcohol consumption.
- Accidents, with possible tragic results
- Poisoning that could lead to death
- Increased risk for some cancers
- Increased risk for sexual offenses and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Relationship troubles
- Headaches, nausea or even more serious health problems